Requirements for Tax Clearance Tax Clearance Certificate is an official document issued by the relevant tax authority to a taxpayer, certifying that, the tax assessed on the income from all sources of the taxpayer for the three years immediately preceding the current…
SCUML Registration Special Control Unit Against Money Laundering (SCUML) was established by the Federal Government of Nigeria in September 2005 in line with the provisions of the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act, 2004, which was subsequently repealed and amended to Money…
Offshore Safety Permit (OSP) is a Personnel Accountability System (PAS) designed by the Department of Petroleum Resources for the tracking of personnel working in Onshore and Offshore locations, managing installations owned and/or operated by Oil and Gas operators and contractors in Nigeria.
Apart from the fundamental purpose of OSP to account for and save the lives of the oil and gas workers, through effective training in compliance with Minerals Oils (Safety) Regulations and International Codes, Standards and Best Practices. The Petroleum Acts CAP 350 equally emphasizes achieving Operational Excellence in Oil and Gas activities in the country. The Mineral Oils (Safety) Regulations, 1997 makes it mandatory for workers to be accounted for and to be trained. In addition, Section 44 of the Petroleum (Drilling & Production) Regulations, 1969, makes it mandatory for operators to comply with any directives for achieving health and safety of workers.
Objectives of Operating Safety Permit (OSP)
- Ensure the right skills/competency mix of employees is deployed.
- Ensure that basic safety/survival training is obtained prior to deployment.
- Enhance the dossier of oil and gas personnel details for the provision of Emergency Response functionality.
- Provides real-time information on personnel movement to and from worksites.
- Ensure that personnel at worksites have the required medicals.
- Create a platform for managing immigration activities.
- Effective decision/policy making tool for the Nigerian oil and gas Industry.
- Enables operators to manage personnel in case of mustering requirement during emergencies.
- Its strengthens the intent of the Nigerian content bill, by providing platform for managing activities in the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry.
Who Requires OSP
- Nigerian Offshore Workers
- Expatriate Offshore Workers
- State Dignitaries Visiting Offshore Facility
- VIP Visiting Offshore Facility
The Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) is responsible for the issuance, and establishment/management of OSP in the National Data Repository (NDR), while the carrier provides the required infrastructure for the implementation.
Fees for OSP are as follows:
Regular Offshore Workers
- US$580 /person (One-off payment) – to be paid in the first year as initial registration on the platform
- US$135 /person (Subscription renewal) – to be paid in subsequent years
- US$67 /person (Replacement of Lost Card)
One Time Offshore Visitors
US$200/person (One Time Offshore Visit) – Valid for One Time Return visit to Offshore Location
Dollar payment can be made to DPR FOREX Account or Naira payment made on the DPR Treasury Single Account (TSA) platform on the Remita Platform(www.remita.net)
STEP BY-STEP GUIDE TO OBTAINING THE OSP
- PREPARE LIST OF ALL OFFSHORE PERSONNEL IN YOUR COMPANY
The list shall be in accordance with the OSP application form information requirement.
Please visit www.dpr.gov.ng for online application
- PAYMENT AND SUBMISSION OF LIST Pay into the DPR Account 2,3 and obtain a receipt Present receipt and list of personnel and their details to DPR
- IMAGE CAPTURE OF YOUR PERSONNEL INTO THE DATABASE DPR representatives will facilitate this at your office or at any other place agreed by you and the DPR Officials.
- COLLECTION OF PERMIT AND CARD USAGE Collect your permit from DPR Ensure the use of your card at any embarkation/disembarkation point
We would be glad to assist you in processing your OSP Registration, NipeX Product Code Selection, DPR Mapping, NipeX, NCDMB-NOGIC, NCEC and other related Registration in the Oil & Gas.
Book a free advisory session with us today.
Tax Incentives for Tax-Payers in Lagos State As part of the ways to relief Tax Payers in Lagos, Nigeria from the outbreak of Covid-19 pandemic, Lagos State Internal Revenue Service (LIRS) has taken several measures to mitigate the impact on…
Direct Assessment Tax Administration It is a system through which self-employed persons are assessed and charged to pay tax based on their personal income generated. The self-employed include but not limited to: Professionals (Lawyers, Architects. Accountants, Surveyors, Consultants etc). Contractors,…
NipeX Product Code Selection/DPR Mapping
For ease of administration and understanding, products and services available in the Oil & as Industry in Nigeria are classified or categorize into respective coding.
This coding were as agreed by he major stakeholders in the Industry, which are NipeX (the Regulator) and the International Oil & Gas Companies (Operators)
It is very important for players in the Industry to understand how this Product Codes relates to the products/services you wish to render or supply in the industry, before registering with NipeX or DPR. So, in order not to obtain a wrong licence from DPR,that may not work with NipeX, it is imperative to confirm the category with NipeX, before commencing registration with DPR.
With the rigorous process involve in registering with NipeX, DPR and those Agency of Government involve in the Oil & Gas Industry, failure to choose the right Product Codes for registration purpose at the beginning may be devastating and laborious, hence, the emphasis on knowing and choosing the right Product Codes.
In order to get full knowledge about Product/Service Codes Selection and Appropriate DPR Permits, kindly download attached, to see the Revised Product/ Service Codes for NipeX as issued by the Agency.
Accounting for Non-Accountants Training Introduction This SOW Consulting Accounting for Non-Accountants training provides a comprehensive introduction to the role of accounting in supporting and informing all business decisions throughout the organization. It is designed for those who access, use, and…
Importance of Organisational Design
Organizational design is the process of creating the hierarchy within a company. It is a step-by-step methodology which identifies dysfunctional aspects of work flow, procedures, structures and systems, realigns them to fit current business realities/goals and then develops plans to implement the new changes.
Importance of Organisational Design in organisation can never be played down. For most companies, the design process leads to a more effective organization design, significantly improved results (profitability, customer service, internal operations), and employees who are empowered and committed to the business. The hallmark of the design process is a comprehensive and holistic approach to organizational improvement that touches all aspects of organizational life
Categories of DPR Permits Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) is the body with the statutory responsibility of ensuring compliance to petroleum laws, regulations and guidelines in the Oil and Gas Industry. The discharge of these responsibilities involves monitoring of operations…
Basic NNPC/NipeX JQS Registration The Nigerian Petroleum Exchange (NipeX) is a Division of NAPIMS, a Corporate Service Unit of NNPC. This is an electronic contracting platform with a virtual community and collaborative environment that delivers significant value to Stakeholders in…