5 Ds of Digital Marketing for Business Development Marketing is a vital process for entrepreneurs, because no venture can become established and grow without a customer market. The process of acquiring and retaining customers is at the core of marketing.…
JOB VACANCY As part of our expansion process, our Firm, a Tax & Management Consulting firm based in Gbagada, Lagos, needs to fill the following positions: ASSOCIATE TRAINEE (TAX & AUDIT). REF NO (AT001) Duties: To assist in daily administration…
SOW Professional Partners RyteGate Technologies SOW Professional Services Ltd, a Management Consulting Firm in Nigeria, is thrilled to announce today 30th of August, 2021, that it has entered a new strategic partnership with RyteGate Technologies, a Canadian based System Development…
The Nigerian tax laws outline steps to tax dispute resolution procedures for tax issues. Although the various tax laws stipulate different timelines for compliance and appeal, the basic procedure remains largely the same. Upon filing of tax returns, the tax…
How to Check TIN Online A taxpayer identification number (TIN) is a unique eight-digit number used to identify an individual, business, or other entity in tax returns and other documents filed with the tax Authority. A TIN is typically issued…
Requirements for Tax Clearance Tax Clearance Certificate is an official document issued by the relevant tax authority to a taxpayer, certifying that, the tax assessed on the income from all sources of the taxpayer for the three years immediately preceding the current…
SCUML Registration Special Control Unit Against Money Laundering (SCUML) was established by the Federal Government of Nigeria in September 2005 in line with the provisions of the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act, 2004, which was subsequently repealed and amended to Money…
Offshore Safety Permit (OSP) is a Personnel Accountability System (PAS) designed by the Department of Petroleum Resources for the tracking of personnel working in Onshore and Offshore locations, managing installations owned and/or operated by Oil and Gas operators and contractors in Nigeria.
Apart from the fundamental purpose of OSP to account for and save the lives of the oil and gas workers, through effective training in compliance with Minerals Oils (Safety) Regulations and International Codes, Standards and Best Practices. The Petroleum Acts CAP 350 equally emphasizes achieving Operational Excellence in Oil and Gas activities in the country. The Mineral Oils (Safety) Regulations, 1997 makes it mandatory for workers to be accounted for and to be trained. In addition, Section 44 of the Petroleum (Drilling & Production) Regulations, 1969, makes it mandatory for operators to comply with any directives for achieving health and safety of workers.
Objectives of Operating Safety Permit (OSP)
- Ensure the right skills/competency mix of employees is deployed.
- Ensure that basic safety/survival training is obtained prior to deployment.
- Enhance the dossier of oil and gas personnel details for the provision of Emergency Response functionality.
- Provides real-time information on personnel movement to and from worksites.
- Ensure that personnel at worksites have the required medicals.
- Create a platform for managing immigration activities.
- Effective decision/policy making tool for the Nigerian oil and gas Industry.
- Enables operators to manage personnel in case of mustering requirement during emergencies.
- Its strengthens the intent of the Nigerian content bill, by providing platform for managing activities in the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry.
Who Requires OSP
- Nigerian Offshore Workers
- Expatriate Offshore Workers
- State Dignitaries Visiting Offshore Facility
- VIP Visiting Offshore Facility
The Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) is responsible for the issuance, and establishment/management of OSP in the National Data Repository (NDR), while the carrier provides the required infrastructure for the implementation.
Fees for OSP are as follows:
Regular Offshore Workers
- US$580 /person (One-off payment) – to be paid in the first year as initial registration on the platform
- US$135 /person (Subscription renewal) – to be paid in subsequent years
- US$67 /person (Replacement of Lost Card)
One Time Offshore Visitors
US$200/person (One Time Offshore Visit) – Valid for One Time Return visit to Offshore Location
Dollar payment can be made to DPR FOREX Account or Naira payment made on the DPR Treasury Single Account (TSA) platform on the Remita Platform(www.remita.net)
STEP BY-STEP GUIDE TO OBTAINING THE OSP
- PREPARE LIST OF ALL OFFSHORE PERSONNEL IN YOUR COMPANY
The list shall be in accordance with the OSP application form information requirement.
Please visit www.dpr.gov.ng for online application
- PAYMENT AND SUBMISSION OF LIST Pay into the DPR Account 2,3 and obtain a receipt Present receipt and list of personnel and their details to DPR
- IMAGE CAPTURE OF YOUR PERSONNEL INTO THE DATABASE DPR representatives will facilitate this at your office or at any other place agreed by you and the DPR Officials.
- COLLECTION OF PERMIT AND CARD USAGE Collect your permit from DPR Ensure the use of your card at any embarkation/disembarkation point
We would be glad to assist you in processing your OSP Registration, NipeX Product Code Selection, DPR Mapping, NipeX, NCDMB-NOGIC, NCEC and other related Registration in the Oil & Gas.
Book a free advisory session with us today.
Tax Incentives for Tax-Payers in Lagos State As part of the ways to relief Tax Payers in Lagos, Nigeria from the outbreak of Covid-19 pandemic, Lagos State Internal Revenue Service (LIRS) has taken several measures to mitigate the impact on…
Direct Assessment Tax Administration It is a system through which self-employed persons are assessed and charged to pay tax based on their personal income generated. The self-employed include but not limited to: Professionals (Lawyers, Architects. Accountants, Surveyors, Consultants etc). Contractors,…